Job Title: Data Engineer
Industry: Computer Software, Financial Services, Information Technology & Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: Singapore
Seniority Level: Entry level
Job Functions: Information Technology
We are looking for a Data Engineer who will work on the data transformation and system deployment. The primary focus will be on understanding data science solutions of a particular problem, implement data transformations required, as web APIs. You will also work with a team of highly motivated members and integrate the solution in client environments.
Responsibilities and duties
- Understanding data science problems and solutions provided by senior data scientists
- Developing back-end components
- System integration and testing
- Implementing data transformation (including ETL) for modelling
- Developing basic machine learning models
Qualifications and skills (requirement)
- Diploma in Software Engineering/ B. Eng/ BS in Computing/ Master’s degree (preferred) with strong background in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Sciences.
- Proficiency in Python and Java.
- SQL-based technologies.
Qualifications and skills (good to have)
- Unix shell scripting.
- DevOps tools such as Docker.
- Image Data processing knowledge and experience.
- Basic Knowledge on Machine Learning.
- Experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR and RDS.
Benefits and perks
- Opportunity to work with best data scientists in the world, including Kaggle Grand Master.
- Deliver high impact solutions for prestigious clients across ASEAN India, and Hong Kong.
- An exciting learning opportunity at a fast paced startup with open and friendly colleagues.
- Competitive salary based on skills & experience with excellent insurance and other benefits.